4.19.2010

Meanwhile, back in the swamp....

I'm still here. Still a bored, middleaged homemaker and mother to one. Life has done my head in over the past few months and I find it hard to articulate what's going on. I've been writing (sporadically) on a new blog: Square Peg Mama that has a link to the forums. I've been considering shutting down the forums. They've been up for a long time (dog years) and get very little action, none local. I had hoped the forums would be a source of how-tos and DIY projects but it never came to pass. I got lazy. The documentation part is boring. I had that trouble in science class, too. The experiments were great but the meticulous data presentation was a yawn.
Last weekend the husband and I replaced the anode rod in the electric water heater. It was gnarly but will (hopefully) extend the life of the water heater by a few years. I should have posted about it.
I make a wicked good banana bread that is so healthy. I should post my recipe.
I have a chair that needs to be reupholstered. I took a ton of pictures while disassembling it. I should post about the rest of the process.
I created an island bed and filled it with shrubs, groundcovers, and perennials. I should have taken before and after pictures and posted about it.
I want to start making some mosaics for the garden. My mom has a stone that has stained glass embedded in it to look like an iris. Gorgeous. She doesn't use it. She has it propped up on her porch. I'd want to use mine in the garden. I've got some ideas rolling around but haven't taken the plunge yet. Way too much other stuff to do. (great excuse, eh?) But when I do I'll definitely post How-Tos.
So, if you're reading this, please follow the link to Square Peg Mama, leave a comment or join the forums!

0 comments: