5.05.2009

bloggityblog.who?

Well. Here I sit again in front of this computer, this wonderful tool that can educate, entertain, and broaden my social horizons. Riiiight.
I check out the weather on weather.com every morning. It's right about half the time.
I check out what Lance has to say on Twitter. Good luck in the Giro buddy!
I check out what's going on with other folk I know on Facebook.
I check out the podcast at morningcoach.com. I listen to it about half the time. I rarely post on the boards there. I don't need a bunch of strangers patting me on the back and telling me how great I am. I need someone to tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong!
I check out my board, squarepegmama.com, to see if anybody posted anything. It's a dead board that I keep dumping money in because I don't want to admit defeat. I spent way too many years in a really crappy relationship for the same reason. Learn from my past? Not bloody likely.
I check out my blog. See if anyone is reading it. Waffle on if I should write in it or delete it.
I check my emails. Mostly notices that the soccer fields are closed. Again.
I check out the public library catalogue, requesting books that look interesting to be put on hold for me to pick up since rarely are they on the shelves in their proper places.
Entertaining? Eh. Educational? To what end? Social horizons? Hmmm. Seems more to serve as a reminder that I'm alone, I don't play well with others, and should just get used to it. My presence here is merely a series of zeroes and ones and more than likely the zeroes dominate.

Maybe it's time to move on. I've been online for quite a few years now. For the most part I thought I played a vital role in various groups but we all know how that turned out. I'm so naive. The excitement never stops, I tell ya!

0 comments: